Transportation in Mandsaur

Mandsaur is an administrative district in Malwa region of Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. Mandsaur is situated on Ajmer-Lebad(Indore) NH-79 as well as Mhow-Neemuch SH-31 4 Lane road. There are regular bus services from all the nearby cities to Mandsaur.The nearest airport to Mandsaur is Maharana Pratap Airport, Udaipur. The airport is 209 kms from Mandsaur. The city can be reached through public buses or the private buses or by train. The city with its robust transportation network is well connected to other parts of Madhya Pradesh and India.

Road Transport in Mandsaur

Transport Service in Mandsaur

The city has a good network of roads. The road network in Mandsaur covers most of the part of the city. The present length of road network is around 305 kms which includes 290 km of municipal roads and 15 km state highway. The 75% of the roads in Mandsaur are 10 feet wide while the rest 25% are 5 feet wide. When talking about the condition of the road in Mandsaur 3% of the road are cement concrete and 89% are black topped. Plans have come up to develop 4 lane road to Ratlam, Nasirabad which will also include 3 to 4 km of mandsaur city road. The project is estimated to cost about Rs 8.93 crore.

Bus Services in Mandsaur

Mandsaur has a good network of buses. There are frequent bus services from Mandsaur to different parts of the state. The buses connects Mandsaur to all the important cities of Madhya Pradesh. The public buses are looked after by Madhya Pradesh State Road Development Corporation (MPSRTC). You can avail various types of buses like Non A/c, Ashok Leyland 2X1(46) NAC Seater-Sleeper from Mandsaur. There are 77 routes and 4 bus operators are available from Mandsaur. The highest number of buses from Mandsaur are to Indore. Buses provide an economic and easy way to commute to and fro from Mandsaur. It is the easiest and most convenient mode of transport to nearby cities for the people of Hazribagh . Largest number of bus from Mandsaur are run by Shree Rishabh Travels.

Railways in Mandsaur

Mandsaur under Ratlam rail division is situated on Ajmer-Akola track. It comes under Western Railways. Many passenger and express train passes through Mandsaur Junction. From here one can catch train for Ujjain, Ratlam, Indore, Bhopal, Jaipur, Udaipur, Mumbai, Agra, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Ajmer, Kota. Some of the major trains passing from Mandsaur are listed below:

Railways in Mandsaur
  • Ajmer/Udaipur-Bandra Terminus SF Express
  • Indore-Udaipur Ramprasad Dhakad Express
  • Jaipur-Bhopal Express
  • Ajmer-Kolkata Express
  • Ajmer-Hyderabad Express etc
  • Ratlam-Ajmer Express (Night)
  • Ratlam-Ajmer Express
  • Ratlam-Chittaurgarh Express
  • Ratlam-Agra Fort Express
  • DMU Chittaurgarh-Ratlam.

Local Transport in Mandsaur

Local Transport in Mandsaur

The demands of local transport are met with personal vehicles or private auto rickshaw and tempos. the city has a good amount of people traveling to nearby cities for jobs. These people make use of the railway service or the bus service. Unmetered taxis and auto are available in plenty to commute within Mandsaur. There are a number of private buses, omni bus and jeeps operating within the city and for nearby places. The major public transport of the city are tempos. These tempos are quite old. They also have a defect as they create a lot of pollution in the city. There are talks of introducing low cost transport system that would reduce the pollution in the city that is caused by old means.

You may also like to visit

Free Listing